Local governments are at risk. They face an increasing number of cyberattacks that threaten to shut down local services and steal sensitive data from their constituents. They operate an increasing volume of diverse, dynamic, and distributed assets that must be continuously patched, updated, and configured properly. And they must manage and secure their endpoints while facing budget cuts, staff shortages, and the constant pressure to do more with less.
Unfortunately, CIOs, CISOs, and CTOs in local government are forced to tackle these risks using outdated hardware and software. Using these legacy tools, local government IT teams must take a fragmented and siloed approach to managing IT and responding to cybersecurity incidents because they lack visibility and control over their endpoints and can’t automate key tasks.
The result: Many technology leaders and teams must drive digital transformation without the ability to fully protect constituent data and services or maintain uptime and performance for their systems.
Common challenges across local government IT groups:
•CIOs and CTOs must maintain security and operational policies without central visibility or control
•CISOs and security teams can’t detect and respond to incidents fast enough and often must pay ransoms
•Despite heavy investment, local governments continue to carry high levels of technology risk due to outdated technology
The solution: A modern, flexible, and proven approach to endpoint management and security
Tanium gives you a single, unified platform to reduce your endpoint risk. The Tanium platform provides a range of features that make it easy to see every endpoint in your environment, apply fundamental controls, and align your teams under one solution.
With Tanium, you can:
•Monitor and protect sensitive data and other resources from attack while rapidly identifying and minimizing endpoint vulnerabilities
•Unify siloed security and operations teams under a single source of truth for endpoint data and one console for endpoint controls
•Maintain continuous compliance, and monitor your environment for changes so you can uphold your reputation and public trust
Tanium corrects the problems with legacy tools and leverages a modern architecture that was built to create asset visibility across modern networks with visibility, control and truth.
Visibility: Build an accurate, real-time, single source of truth for the state of endpoints across your environment.
If you can’ t see your endpoints, you can’ t manage or secure them. Yet most organizations can’ t see all their endpoints, software, or data — and the move to remote work has created even more blind spots and hidden risks. But with Tanium, you can:
• Rapidly create a real-time inventory of all managed and unmanaged assets in your environment — including assets you didn’t know you had.
• Find where all your Personal Identifiable Information (PII) is stored within a wide range of file formats, and see if it’s been moved, accessed, or tampered with — all in real time.
• Scan and monitor for compliance, risk, misconfigurations, OS updates, patches, end-user experience and performance, and much more — at scale.
Control: Remediate risks and inefficiencies across your entire environment as soon as you find them.
Seeing your endpoints is just the start. Modern environments can carry hundreds of thousands of vulnerabilities and compliance gaps, and operations and security teams struggle to close these risks. But with Tanium, you can:
• Streamline, automate, and validate key tasks like patching to fix issues at scale, reduce risk, and remediate vulnerabilities faster.
• Maintain compliance with data privacy regulations like PCI-DSS, GDPR, and HIPAA by identifying, categorizing, and managing sensitive data.
• Optimize costs and reduce complexity by consolidating point tools and accurately reclaiming unused software licenses.
Trust: Build a central and trusted view of your risks and unify your operations and security teams.
Modern attacks can move fast. Yet traditional security tools take a long time and a lot of hands-on-keyboard effort to determine if an attack is in progress — and even longer to locate, isolate, and evict the attacker. But with Tanium, you can:
• Access real-time threat data to rapidly locate, validate, isolate and respond to both known and unknown threats — across all endpoints.
• Continuously monitor activity on your network and automate threat detection through perpetual, proactive, and real-time alerts.
• Close IT risks, contain active threats, and rapidly recover from incidents through scalable, real-time endpoint management.
Tanium is the only Converged Endpoint Management platform that can give you full visibility into all your assets, at unprecedented speed and the control to take action on those endpoints at scale so you can protect your organization from ransomware attacks and keep essential services open. Learn more at https://explore.tanium.com/slg.
This content is made possible by our sponsor. The editorial staff was not involved in its preparation.
NEXT STORY: What is a Whole-of-State cybersecurity strategy?